CAMH is hosting a Transdisiplinary Tobacco Rounds symposium today in Toronto. To access the event event online, please visit www.can-adaptt.net Please join us for our SPECIAL Transdisciplinary Tobacco Rounds symposium! “Tobacco Treatment in Specific populations: Mental Health and Addictions” Presenter(s): [...]
CAMH is hosting a Transdisiplinary Tobacco Rounds symposium today in Toronto. To access the event event online, please visit www.can-adaptt.net
Please join us for our SPECIAL Transdisciplinary Tobacco Rounds symposium!
|Tony P. George, M.D., FRCPC
Professor of Psychiatry
Chair in Addiction Psychiatry,
Co-Director, Division of Brain and Therapeutics Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto Clinical Director, Schizophrenia Program (CAMH)
Title: Tobacco Treatment in Serious Mental Illness: Integrating Medications with Behavioural Therapies
1. Describe the prevalence and potential etiologies for tobacco smoking in persons with serious mental illnesses.
2. Describe pharmacological and behavioral treatments for co-morbid tobacco addiction in persons with mental illness.
3. Discuss an approach to tobacco bans in psychiatric inpatient settings.
Judith J. Prochaska, PhD, MPH
Associate Professor in Residence
Department of Psychiatry
University of California, San Francisco
Title: Tobacco Treatment during Addictions Treatment or Recovery: A Review of the Literature
1. Describe the prevalence and potential etiologies for tobacco smoking in persons with alcohol or illicit drug use disorders
2. Review the research literature evaluating tobacco cessation interventions delivered during addictions treatment or following recovery
3. Discuss organizational change factors influencing implementation of tobacco cessation guidelines in addiction treatment settings
Peter Selby, MBBS, CCFP, MHSc, FASAM
Affiliations: University of Toronto, CAMH
|Date and Time:||Friday, February 17th, 2012. 9am -11:30am EST|
|NEW LOCATION:||Nicotine Dependence Service
175 College Street, Toronto, ON, M5T 1P7
RSVP for in person attendance
|Directions:||BY TTC: You can get off at Queens Park Station and take the street car to McCaul Street (one stop).
Or you can get off at Spadina Station and take the Streetcar south along Spadina to College Street. Then get on the College street car going east and get off at McCaul Street and walk west on College.
Please click on the link embed for directions to our clinic:
NDS Location and Directions
|Webcast:||If you can’t join us in person, don’t hesitate to let Stephanie Elliott (firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-535-8501 x 7427) know if you would like to join us via webcast.|
|Next session(s):||Please join us for our next sessions; April 20th 2012, May 18, 2012 and for our final TTR session on Friday June 15, 2012.
Transdisciplinary Tobacco Rounds are brought to you by
Production of this presentation has been made possible through a financial contribution from the Tobacco Control Programme, Health Canada. The views expressed herein do not necessarily represent the views of Health Canada.